Book Your Dental Hygienists Appointments with Direct Access
A new law has come into play, which makes it much easier for dental patients to see a dental hygienist. The change in legislation means that patients can now see a dental hygienist without a referral or recommendation from their dentist.
Periodontal disease is in almost every case completely preventable
Periodontal disease is a multifactorial disease, caused primarily by oral biofilm accumulation, and is in almost every case completely preventable. Periodontal disease is the 6th most common non-communicable diseases in mankind worldwide creating a huge global burden on health resources. Periodontal disease not only manifests in the oral cavity, it can have general health implications elsewhere in the body with established links to heart disease and diabetes.
Prevention and treatment of periodontal disease lies very much in the hands of the patient and their willingness and ability to carry out effective and regular self-care.
Work smarter not harder.
- Use specialised instrument designs.
- Maintain instruments in top condition.
- Use powered instruments.
- Develop a methodical approach.
- Target active sites.
- Avoid unnecessary treatment, focus on areas that require attention.
- Dedicate time and effort to delivering effective theory based oral health interventions.
- Focus on the long-term results.
- Develop fool proof calculus detection techniques.
- Utilise advanced fulcrums and grasp.
- Practice ergonomic patient and operator positioning.
- Over-estimate the time required to complete thorough RSD per quadrant.
Learn theory based behavioural interventions proven to increase the likelihood of patient adherence.
Non-Surgical Therapy is a Combination of Two Essential Elements:
Technical Skill and Behavioural Psychology.
The success of non-surgical therapy is dependent on the clinician’s ability
to perform both these elements to a very high standard.
Helping Dental Professionals Develop Their Skills
Continuing Education for Dental Professionals
- Macro & Micro features of hand and powered instruments
- Grasp and fulcrums (Basic and Advanced)
- Ergonomics fundamental to instrument placement and creating lateral pressure
- Insertion technique
- Adaption Angulation
- Stroke production
- Stroke direction
- Channelling technique
- Root Morphology and anatomical complexities
- Reduce fatigue
- Increase productivity
- Furcation involvement
- Localised gingival recession
- Oral hygiene devices
- Interpreting Radiographs
- Implant components
- Care of implant supported fixed and removable restorations
- Periodontal examination
- Peri-implant examination
- Chemical Adjuncts
- Air polishing
- Behavioural interventions
For Dentist, Dental Hygienist & Therapists
Upcoming Hands-On Courses :
Aim: To gain confidence and competence in Implant Maintenance procedures At the end of this course you will learn: Know and recognise the difference between peri-implantitis and peri-mucositis Confidently access, probe, yes probe! and monitor…
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
RESOURCES + FREE DOWNLOADS
Simply register to download any of these resources, articles and notes for FREE.
Eat That Frog
Free Download | PDF Notes
And abstract from the speaker notes of the BSDHT OHC 2019 – Eat That Frog! session delivered by Claire McCarthy on 23th of November 2019.
Must Have Perio Kit
FREE – Download PDF Report for Dentists
The most current and innovative periodontal instruments reviewed and evaluated so you know exactly what you need and which designs are superior in quality, effectiveness, adaptation, strength and ergonomics.
BSP Webinar Notes
Implant Surface Debridement for Management of Peri-Implant Mucositis
Presentation notes to accompany BSP webinar 10 Jul 2018.
Probe or not to probe?
FREE – Download PDF Article on Dental Implants
This article was published in Dental Health – The Journal of the British Society of Dental Hygiene and Therapy – Volume 55 January 2016.