Aim: Improve efficiency, productivity and periodontal outcomes using advanced instrumentation skills.
At the end of this course you will learn:
- Incorporate a blended approach to non-surgical periodontal instrumentation in general practice for optimum clinical outcome
- Understand indications and contraindications for local analgesia for non-surgical periodontal therapy.
- Create advanced fulcrums to provide optimum parallelism for access and instrumentation of deep periodontal pocket
- Create and use an extended grasp for improved access and stroke production.
- Perform exploration techniques to detect residual calculus deposits
- Evaluate new instrument designs that can enhance your practice
- Care for your existing instruments and equipment so they are operating at their optimal efficiency
Method: Small group seminar followed by Hands-on practical session
1 full day combining lectures and hands-on session
Delegate options: GDP / RDH/ RDT
This course aims to be interactive and will combine education with clinical practice and a networking opportunity for everyone. Dental care professionals often work in isolation in a physically, mentally and emotionally demanding environment. We want to do the very best for our patients and we struggle with exceptionally limited time constraints.
I hope that this course will fire you up and confirm what you already know and give you some new tips to try out in your everyday clinical practice. We will address the most current thinking related to periodontal instrumentation with new technology that is already proven to enhance the patient and operator experience. You will return to work feeling empowered and a new found confidence in treating patients based upon evidence based research.
Delegates are asked to bring along the hand instruments they are currently using for a practical exercise
Verifiable CPD Hours = 6
This course is FULL.
Please join the waiting list to be notified if a space becomes available.
Thank you for your interest!
Due to limited number hands-on facilities available;
The focus is on small group learning and the provision of one-to-one teaching in a supportive & interactive environment.
Teaching & learning in the form of:
- Speaker Presentations
- Case Studies
- Hands-On practical work