Aim: To gain confidence and competence in Implant Maintenance procedures
At the end of this course you will learn:
- Know and recognise the difference between peri-implantitis and peri-mucocitis
- Confidently access, probe, yes probe! and monitor the peri-implant tissues for signs of disease
- know how critical it is to enroll the patient in a regular recare programme & maintain adherence
- have expertise in the most effective oral hygiene systems for implant home care
- be familiar with the instruments that are safe to debride a dental implant abutment & prosthesis
- be competent to provide effective and safe biofilm and calculus removal around implant structures
- feel confident to interpret radiographs of dental implants (Core Topic)
Method: Small group seminar followed by Hands-on practical session
1 full day combining lectures and hands-on session
Delegate options: GDP / RDH/ RDT
This course is designed for dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists who will monitor and treat implant patients in general practice settings.
Peri-implantitis is a well documented topic right now and litigation is a real threat. Treatment and care of a dental implant fills many of us with dread as we have faced many conflicting opinions on whether we touch them or not.
This course is intended to bring clinicians together in an educational environment and encourage working in harmony to protect the patient from peri-implant complications and possible implant failure. It is important to assess and maintain dental implants even more meticulously than natural teeth.
You will learn about advanced instruments and technology available and how to use them. You will understand the implant placement process, and more importantly the aftercare of that structure. You should feel empowered to debride around implants and prosthesis, and feel confident in identifying and and acting upon peri-implant complications. Sleep sound in the knowledge that you are providing holistic patient care by monitoring and maintaining your patients to prolong the health, stability and longevity of their teeth and implant replacements.
Please bring along any instruments you are currently using to monitor and maintain dental implants for a round table discussion and workshop.
Verifiable CPD Hours = 6
This course is FULL.
Please join the waiting list to be notified if a space becomes available.
Thank you for your interest!
Due to limited number hands-on facilities available;
The focus is on small group learning and the provision of one-to-one teaching in a supportive & interactive environment.
Teaching & learning in the form of:
- Speaker Presentations
- Case Studies
- Hands-On practical work